Truth and Reconciliation Through Right Relations | Online course
To honour the 5-year anniversary of the Banff Centre Truth and Reconciliation Summit and the beginning of the Truth and Reconciliation through Right Relations Program. We will ignite through the past, present and future of the truth and reconciliation movement in Canada, while renewing and way making through the wisdom of our community stories.
The program will awaken a deeper understanding of our shared history, conceptual meaning of reconciliation, and the role we all can play when we:
– Engage in meaningful conversations about truth and reconciliation
– Take responsibility through learning about wise practices and Indigenous strengths
– Commit to action, to achieve reconciliation in our own lives, communities, and organizations.
Please note, this introductory program does not count as credit towards the Certificate of Indigenous Leadership, Governance, and Management Excellence.
What does the program offer?
This online intensive provides a space for engaged, participatory learning through ceremony, the land, elders teachings, knowledge sharing, application of theory and tools, case clinics, storytelling and deep listening,; individual reflection, group dialogue and sensemaking, while balancing asynchronous and synchronous learning.
The Truth and Reconciliation through Right Relations program will equip participants with k(new) knowledge to:
– Have an awareness of the United Nations Declaration of Indigenous Peoples (UNDRIP) and the Truth and Reconciliation — Commission’s (TRC) process, principles and Calls to Action
– Advance the dialogue on building and sustaining right relations
– Communicate through deep listening
– Create change through collective leadership and partnership building
– Share Indigenous ways of knowing
– Empower individuals to take action on reconciliation in their own lives, families and communities
– Increase greater respect, understanding, and meaningful connections between Canada’s citizens
Who Should Apply?
This online program is ideal for all people creating change within Truth and Reconciliation in Canada, those beginning or deepening the work they are visioning, engaged and committed to. Those interested in creating and improving right relationships with Indigenous peoples and their businesses, communities and organizations. This includes municipal, territorial, provincial, and federal government employees, not-for-profit executives and board members, corporate executives, post-secondary educators, and teachers.
Program Dates: June 22 – 25, 2021
Program Deadline: June 15, 2021
Register online: https://bit.ly/3dJASJJ