Indigenous Strategic Planning Online – 4 day course
Research and best practices indicate that successful Indigenous nations and organizations are those that set clear visions, strategic direction and long-term goals. A viable strategic plan is required to keep pace with changes in the world, reduce dependence on governments, and raise the standard of living of Indigenous citizens now and in the future. You will learn a proven model for strategic planning, based upon systems thinking and its associated processes, tasks, and activities.
The program will prepare you to implement a community, organization, or board strategic planning process and session; help you focus resources on specific strategies; and provide an understanding of how to keep the plan alive through evaluation.
Please note, this introductory program does not count as credit towards the Certificate of Indigenous Leadership, Governance, and Management Excellence.
What does the program offer?
– Learn systems thinking and interconnectivity of the elements of planning
– Learn to use the techniques involved in a strategic planning model
– Identify the values statements, vision and mission for your community/organization/board
– Learn how to determine the key factors of success
– Tools to complete a current state assessment and an environmental analysis
– Set strategies on which to focus resources and efforts
Who should apply?
– First Nations, Métis and Inuit councils, and tribal councils
– Boards of Indigenous economic and social development agencies, governing boards, commissions, and legal entities for – – Indigenous profit and not-for-profit organizations
– Managers, administrators and team leaders
– Indigenous leaders
– Urban Indigenous organizations and agencies
Please note: this program prioritizes Indigenous learners, and those working with Indigenous communities and organizations. Note that in the event of high demand for the program, priority may be given to these learners.
Program Dates: May 18 – 21, 2021
Application Deadline: May 10, 2021
Register online: https://bit.ly/3cVNBdg