- This event has passed.
TEDxToronto 2019 conference asks what it will take for us as a society to RISE together
TEDxToronto will celebrate its 11th year on Saturday, October 26, 2019 at Toronto’s Evergreen Brick Works – the first time the event will be held on a Saturday. With this year’s theme – Rise – the conference will explore many things that are on the rise: technologies and businesses, political movements, online communities, the temperature – our city.
Rise is optimistic, as well as ominous and TEDxToronto 2019 will explore that inherent tension and ask: what does it take for all of us, as a society, to rise together?
TEDxToronto is a platform for exceptional ideas and a catalyst for profound change. As one of Canada’s largest TEDx events, this full-day conference aims to build a community of thinkers and doers, centered around the mission of ideas worth spreading, both big and small.
Here’s a sample of some of this year’s speakers:
● Esie Mensah, Dancer and Choreographer, past work with Rihanna and Drake
● Mark Cohon, Chairman of Toronto Global and Former Commissioner of the CFL
● Danielle Goldfarb, Head of Global Research at RIWI Corp., a global data collection and trend-tracking company
● Shireen Ahmed, Writer, Podcaster, Activist for Muslim women in sports
● Casandra Diamond, Founder and Director of BridgeNorth
● Andrew Reeves, Environmental Journalist and Author of Overrun: Dispatches from the Asian Carp Crisis
To purchase tickets and find out more details about TEDxToronto visit http://www.tedxtoronto.com.