- This event has passed.
Nehiyawak Language Experience
The focus of this program is to produce authentic language engagement to enhance and share nehiyaw identity, including ways of knowing and being.
This is a week long language experience based off of the six-day summer program. It is founded on the epistemological and pedagogical practices of nehiyawak people.
Monday 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Tuesday 10 a.m to 3 p.m.
Wednesday 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Thursday 10 a.m to 3 p.m.
Friday 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Increase the ability to speak and understand Cree over a short time frame.
- Accelerate the learning capability in speaking another language (Cree).
- To have an understanding of a language framework and how it works.
- Build a Cree vocabulary to enhance and strengthen partnerships with Indigenous and non-Indigenous alike.
- Understand the meaning behind the words to learn about the Cree worldview
- To connect to land and to learn from place.
- Monday, April 15, 2019 – Friday, April 19, 2019
- Monday, May 27, 2019 – Friday, May 31, 2019
Cost is $250 for the week long session. Bursary is available for low income individuals, students, and clients of community organizations. Please call Cecilia 306-652-5448