- This event has passed.
Drafting/Negotiating Agreements with Project Partners…
Stacey Jessiman de Nanteuil is a Senior Counsel with DGW Law Corporation. Participate in an in-depth discussion on drafting and negotiating project-related agreements, to learn what you need to know before hiring legal assistance, including:
• Tax, liability, and other factors to consider in choosing the right project corporate structure – e.g., when/when not to use a limited partnership, corporation, joint venture etc.
• Common scenarios for negotiating and drafting project-related agreements, including:
» Standard contract terms and expectations
» Common pitfalls/problems, how to recognize, avoid and correct them
» Why/how to incorporate provisions relating to Indigenous culture and heritage
• Financial risk management including:
» Tools for financial controls
» Tracking your Returns on Investment
» Ensuring transparency
• Understanding consultation and accommodation policies and agreements
• Ensuring your agreement is upheld by third-party contractors