Covid Conversations: A Roadmap to Existing Together with Opposing Views
The pandemic has seen many people adopting very strong positions on their understanding of COVID-19 and how to live with it.
This course offers a response and roadmap to “I fully understand your opinion and absolutely disagree with you”.
We will explore how to move forward and stay in healthy relationship. The focus of this course is NOT to shift someone from their own conviction, but rather to move forward in relationship together knowing your perspectives on the issues may be vastly different.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
– Demonstrate an ability to formulate how they, and the person with whom they are in conflict, came to their position (point of view) based on their underlying values and interests
– Shift from a polarizing place of judgement to a practical state of curiosity
– Recognize and categorize wants, needs and values of the conflict
– Identify the common, different, and incompatible interests of their conflict
– Recognize incompatible interests and how to effectively navigate them
Check out the work at your own pace course description video: https://www.webinars.mediationserviceswpg.ca/Covid-Conversations-A-Roadmap-To-Existing-Together-With-Opposing-Views