- This event has passed.
Asset Management for the First Nation Housing Portfolio
Join Mike Pistrin and Rod Hill to learn the skills needed to take care of a home, and a housing portfolio, including tracking repair work and budgeting for maintenance. Mike Pistrin is the associate vice-president of asset strategies at BC Housing and Rod Hill is the director of Indigenous asset management with BC Housing.
• Conducting energy audits and reducing your hydro bill
• Capacity building
• Condition assessments
• Data management from IT systems and budgeting for asset management over a 10-year period
• Understanding consequences of not maintaining your assets
• Capital planning
• Security funding
• Procurement – putting maintenance and capital planning, hiring contractors
• Human Resource management
• Office practices