APTN PRIVACY PLEDGE
Last revised September ●, 2015
We have also developed this APTN Privacy Pledge. We want you to understand the purposes for which we collect personal information. We also want to make certain that we have your consent to continue to collect, use, retain and disclose your personal information for those purposes.
The following is a brief summary of our privacy practices:
Why do we need to collect your personal information?
We respect your privacy, which is why we collect personal information only for the following purposes:
- to confirm your identity;
- to communicate with viewers;
- to respond to your requests for services and your questions;
- to advertise, develop, enhance and provide services and products to viewers, including sharing materials you submit to other users of our website;
- to measure and improve the effectiveness of APTN’s services, products and marketing endeavours;
- to manage and develop APTN’s business operations, including to manage proposed or actual sales or leases of all or part of APTN’s business or assets;
- to protect viewers and APTN against error and fraud; and
- to carry out any other purpose that you have authorized or that is required or permitted by law.
When do we disclose personal information?
There are a variety of circumstances where we may need to disclose personal information to third parties. For example, APTN may disclose a viewer’s personal information to:
- a third party who in the reasonable judgment of APTN is seeking the information as an agent of the viewer;
- a third party involved in supplying the viewer with APTN products or services;
- a third party engaged by APTN to perform functions on its behalf;
- to meet legal or regulatory requirements, including to protect or defend a legal interest, in connection with an actual or possible APTN corporate re-organization;
- a third party engaged by APTN for the development, enhancement, marketing or provision of any of APTN’s products or services;
- a public authority or agent of a public authority if, in the reasonable judgment of APTN, it appears that there is imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information; or
- a third party or parties, where the viewer consents to such disclosure or where the disclosure is required or permitted by law.
How do we protect your personal information?
In order to protect your personal information, APTN:
- will not collect, use, retain or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those identified above, except with your further consent;
- will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards;
- will protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with other organizations;
- will strive to keep your personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes identified above; and
- will honour requests you may make for access to your personal information.
What are your choices?
We would like to have your consent to continue to collect, use, retain and disclose your personal information for the purposes identified above. However, you do have choices and may refuse or withdraw your consent as follows:
- You may refuse to provide your personal information to us.
- You may also withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice.
What can you do if you have questions or concerns?
Access requests, inquiries or complaints should be addressed to:
APTN External Privacy Officer
2nd Floor, 339 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 2C3
If your questions or concerns are not resolved after you have contacted the APTN External Privacy Officer, we would encourage you to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner at 1-800-282-1376 or via email@example.com. You may also wish to visit the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada’s Internet website at www.privcom.gc.ca.
You and APTN have requested and agree that this APTN Privacy Pledge and all documents related to this APTN Privacy Pledge be drawn up in English. Les parties ont demandé que cette convention ainsi que tous les documents que s’y rattachent soient rédigés en anglais (version française). In the event of a conflict between the English and French version of these terms, the English version shall prevail.